This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sickness Certificates


For absence from work through sickness, self-certification is currently valid for the first week. The sick certificate (form SC1) is available from your employer or the Post Office. We do not issue a Doctors Certificate for the first 7 days of sickness. If a private certificate to cover work is required a fee is charged.After the first week, certificates are obtained as part of a consultation with your doctor.

If you are under the care of a Hospital doctor you must ask them to complete a medical certificate for you for the length of your anticipated incapacity. When you have been referred back to your GP future certificates can be obtained from us if, however, you are still being seen by the outpatients department, they  must supply your medical certificates until you are discharged.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website